Let's learn how to depot your MAC eye shadows!
Get you shadows ready:
You will need: rubbing alcohol, paper towels, a small kitchen knife, wire cutters
1. Take the tip of your knife and place it between the slit in the pan. Wiggle up and down and it will pop out, be gentle.
2. Take your wire cutters and create two cuts on the side with the bigger edge (lower end of the pan)
3. Repeat on the other side and pull down, you should be able to see the pan
4. Fill the bottle cap of the rubbing alcohol with the liquid and dip the tip of your knife into the alcohol. Place it between the pan and the remainder of the sides.
*Do not move the knife around, it will spread the glue and make it harder to remove. Just leave it in for about 20 seconds*
After 20 seconds if it is still stuck, repeat the step but it should remove pretty easily with 1 wiggle of the knife after this
5. Ta da! now the pan is out and you have the remainder of the glue on the back. Just dab the paper towel in the rubbing alcohol and rub away the remainder of the glue
You should see less glue once you remove it from the pan than the picture. The picture below shows alot of glue because I kept moving the knife. Lesson learned.
6. Just drop them into your palette, you can label them if you like with magnets, tape, paper, whatever you choose
My new MAC quad!
Hope someone found this tutorial useful =)
I am trying to create a quad to take with me on on my trip later this month.
Above is Shroom, All that Glitters, Sable, and Black Tide. Thinking of swapping one of them with Satin Taupe. What do you all think should be the last color?
I am going away for the week and want only 1 quad to easily transition from day to night without getting boring with the same looks.